Asking for the original Rig Layout for MacGregor 26X

A forum for discussion of how to rig and tune your boat or kicker to achieve the best sailing performance.
eco
Deckhand
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Asking for the original Rig Layout for MacGregor 26X

Post by eco »

Dear all,
I have to refit all sailing related parts to a :macx: (year 2000). The previous owner removed almost everything that was related to sailing (except the winches, mast base, and other very basic hull and deck parts).

I have successfully re-installed the mast so far.

:?: Is there any information on the original rigging layout :macx: available?

:?: If not, does anyone still maintains his/her :macx: with the original rig setup (lines, blocks, deck organizers, cleats, jammers, travelers et.), and could post some photos?

:?: Alternatively, any improved rigging layout, will also be welcomed :)
Last edited by eco on Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
tewharaunz
Chief Steward

Re: Asking for the original Rig Layout for MacGregor 26X

Post by tewharaunz »

I think everything you are looking for in the manual. You can find them in the "Resources" tab.

Cheers
eco
Deckhand

Post by eco »

tewharaunz wrote:I think everything you are looking for in the manual. You can find them in the "Resources" tab.

Cheers
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the manual(s) are good as long as all the fittings are installed and labeled from the factory, and I am probably missing some of the blocks (not sure what else :( ).
Retcoastie
Captain

Post by Retcoastie »

We have an 02X that has not been modified in the sailing area. We can provide pictures of what you may think is missing or incorrect. The only fixed turning block is the one for the centerboard raising/lowering line. Near the rear of the cabin top adjacent to the hatch opening are jammers for the tailing of the winches, the centerboard line, and in our case, the headsail furler line. Also, there are tracks on the cabin top for the jib sheet blocks and on the sides of the cockpit combing for the genoa sheet blocks. If you have those, you are set to go. There is no traveler on the X.

Ken
eco
Deckhand

Post by eco »

Retcoastie wrote:We have an 02X that has not been modified in the sailing area. We can provide pictures of what you may think is missing or incorrect...
Great please do send some photos!! :) :) What you describe is what I have or very close. There is what I think is a cam-cleet next to each winch, tracks adjacent to the cabin top and on the cockpit sides (I should have posted some photos). I have tried to follow the manual and re-fit blocks and lines (handed in a box), but I soon realized that several blocks are missing at least :( and soon I got puzzled over what I should purchase or not, or what else is missing :? .

I have located a :macx: and a :macm: moored at the local bay. The first was definitely modified and the second was ... well ... definitely not a :macx: setup, but certainly well kept and appealing. I will be ordering a book about sailboat rigging but what I really want to do is to restore my :macx: to its original condition :)