Racing MacGregors One Design Fleet on Lake Ontario?

A forum for discussion of how to rig and tune your boat or kicker to achieve the best sailing performance.

Moderators: Catigale, Paul S, Heath_Mod, beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair

Radonic
Just Enlisted

Racing MacGregors One Design Fleet on Lake Ontario?

Post by Radonic » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:25 pm

There has been a little discussion about this on "Discouraged and Sailing upwind", so I thought I would start a new topic to see if there is any one interested.

If there are any MacGregor Owners on Lake Ontario, and could make it out to the Toronto Area, at least once this summer, and are intersted in racing, please chime in.

The idea was to get a bunch of boats together, and organize a One Design race of MacGregors, we could open it up to M, X and other Macs, there could be a slight adjustment made for different ratings.

I am a member of an active racing yacht club. I would organize it and have a race committee administer the race, and supply all the marks, and set the marks etc. Then we could have a big party at the club afterwards. This would be a fun race, so more relaxed rules etc...

I would be intersted in trying at least one time in July or August or even September, when the wind is alot better. Since we would not want to organize all this and end up with no wind. Also September is a little better for most peoples schedule.

If any are intersted please chime in...