Lewmar winch maintenance

A forum for discussing boat or trailer repairs or modifications that you have made or are considering.

Moderators: kmclemore, NiceAft, Hamin' X, Catigale, beene

jcasale
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Lewmar winch maintenance

Post by jcasale » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:43 pm

Greetings,

I have got to perform some long overdue maintenance on all four of my winches. There is a great video on YouTube that covers the teardown of a Lewmar 6 but it has no sound. It looks like it was filmed on a Mac. Does anyone have a link to on online guide or video that covers our particular equipment?

Thank you,

John
2000 Mac X
Atlantic Beach, Fl
Currently land locked in Lansdale, PA

K9Kampers
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Lewmar winch maintenance

Post by K9Kampers » Sun May 17, 2020 5:59 am

I too was watching a winch video without sound on and missed the possible mention of losing pawl springs! I lost two of the little buggers, but found one. I could get away with just a clean & lube of the winch, but now need to find the appropriate maintenance kit.

My question is, are the pawl springs the same size across various makes or models, or does the Lewmar 6 have its own size spring?

Todd
Engineer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Lewmar winch maintenance

Post by Todd » Thu May 21, 2020 11:10 pm

jcasale wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:43 pm
Greetings,

I have got to perform some long overdue maintenance on all four of my winches. There is a great video on YouTube that covers the teardown of a Lewmar 6 but it has no sound. It looks like it was filmed on a Mac. Does anyone have a link to on online guide or video that covers our particular equipment?

Thank you,

John
2000 Mac X
Atlantic Beach, Fl
Currently land locked in Lansdale, PA
Is this it? It is on Lewmar' website
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 2ilF_If6Ed
Todd
'07 26M

:macm: