IS THIS POST GOING TO POT?

A forum for discussing boat or trailer repairs or modifications that you have made or are considering.

Moderators: Hamin' X, kmclemore, Paul S, beene, Catigale

BOAT
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

IS THIS POST GOING TO POT?

Post by BOAT » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:16 pm

POTTY actually - is this post going to the potty - I have a question about the potty:

:P

I suppose this is sort of a poll: what kind of potty do you have in the head??

I ask because I am getting a new porto potty and I am considering something other than the tried and true thetford products that have served me so well in my RV's. In some ruff weather the thetford tipped over and broke - ! :?

So, what brand of porto do you use?? model? I know many have marine heads and some have compost heads but those two options are not really avail to me although your welcome to comment on them here - mostly I wanted to know which porto potty is being used the most more marine use by you guys.

TANKS :D

mac n cheese
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: IS THIS POST GOING TO POT?

Post by mac n cheese » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:17 pm

I can't comment for the :macm: however my only complaint for the :macx: is that it sits too low on the floor.

I assume this is the :macx: original in the pic :?: Its been adequate for a couple over nighters we've done and a long day of fishing.

So yes....a taller one would be my recommendation. The King and Queen need their throne. :)

dlandersson
Admiral

Post by dlandersson » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:39 am

That's what I have. Works fine, is strapped to the floor, low height gives more head room. 8)
mac n cheese wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:17 pm
I can't comment for the :macm: however my only complaint for the :macx: is that it sits too low on the floor.

I assume this is the :macx: original in the pic :?: Its been adequate for a couple over nighters we've done and a long day of fishing.

So yes....a taller one would be my recommendation. The King and Queen need their throne. :)

Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:34 am

mac n cheese wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:17 pm

That looks like the small holding tank version. There is also a large tank Thetford, which sits much taller. I replaced mine with the MSD version, but used the small tank. I wasn't thinking. But by using the original tall hoops for the hold down clamps, I made a spacer to put the seat height back to where the big tank version was.

I never use it, so I don't care, but certain others do, so seat height is a consideration for keeping the crew happy.