Water Lilly Archive.

A forum for discussing boat or trailer repairs or modifications that you have made or are considering.
OverEasy
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Water Lilly Revival

Post by OverEasy »

So what does your Admiral think of you keeping two happy winches on board?
:D :D :D :D :x

Sorry, couldn’t resist :)
Be Free
Admiral

Post by Be Free »

Happy winches (and wenches) are the only kind to have aboard. :D
Bill
2001 26X Simple Interest
Honda BF40D
"If I were in a hurry I would not have bought a sailboat." Me
Massey
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 25

Post by Massey »

Shhhh. She is a power sailor not a wind sailor. She has never been out under sail, so we will keep the winch wench a secret for now.
A Veteran, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Remember freedom is never free.
Massey
Chief Steward

Post by Massey »

Launched Water Lilly today and moored her at the marina for tomorrow, and it looks like I’m in really good company!

A Veteran, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

OverEasy
Admiral

Post by OverEasy »

So who is your big sibling? :o
Massey
Chief Steward

Post by Massey »

OverEasy wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:11 pm So who is your big sibling? :o
That is the Lady Washington. If you watched Star Trek Generations, that is the ship that Worf gets his promotion aboard, and in Pirates Of The Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, she is the only real ship in the movie and plays the part of the HMS Interceptor.

OverEasy
Admiral

Post by OverEasy »

:) That Neat! :)
Massey
Chief Steward

Post by Massey »

So we went out again today. It was a great trip except for the cold. Went to bed last night, today was supposed to be partly cloudy and 82, we went early to the marina with the afternoon weather in mind and ended up being cold most of the trip.

On the side of good news, it wasn’t me that couldn’t tack last time out. We got under sail on the way out of Sinclair Inlet this time and when we hit that same area as last time the wind got all wonky again. Before that I was making really good tacks and we were making good time under sail. When I got out of that area we were again sailing with no issue. So all and all except for some cold toes it was a good day.

Massey
Chief Steward

Post by Massey »

So work on Water Lilly has been snail like slow lately. August has been full of many to do’s that have not involved my little boat. On the good side of news, I got the cushions back from the Upholsery shop! The pics looks good, but in real life they are beautiful! I can’t wait to get them in the boat and on the water!

For best results view in full size.

I know you can’t see it from here, but the V-berth cushions are now one piece. They are stitched together at the top and will fold over on top of each other so they are easy to manage. The bottom cushions now have Velcro attached so they will not slip around when we sit on them.

Jimmyt
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by Jimmyt »

Very nice!
Jimmyt
P-Cub-Boo
2013 26M, Etec 60, roller Genoa, roller main
Cruising Waters: Mobile Bay, Western Shore, Fowl River
NiceAft
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Post by NiceAft »

They are stitched together at the top and will fold over on top of each other so they are easy to manage.
"Necessity is the mother of invention". Good job. 8)
Ray ~~_/)~~
OverEasy
Admiral

Post by OverEasy »

Nice! :) :)

Our original issue cushions (although is great shape for their age) are paltry in comparison!
Very nice!

8) 8) 🐩🐈
Massey
Chief Steward

Post by Massey »

OverEasy wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:35 pm Nice! :) :)

Our original issue cushions (although is great shape for their age) are paltry in comparison!
Very nice!

8) 8) 🐩🐈
My original cushions were actually in pretty good shape. The fabric only had a small hole on one cushion but it was so old and rotten that there was a dust that would get all over you. The dust was actually the fabric disintegrating as we touched it. Oh well. No more tweed for me, or Lilly. The foam of my cushions was still in great shape and are still being used.

OverEasy
Admiral

Post by OverEasy »

Hi Massey

Your new covers look great!

I guess we are fortunate in aspect that our fabric is still good :) :)
It would be a mess if we’d have the disintegration issue you described :o :? but you did the right thing replacing them and did it with style! :) :)

We did a deep clean of the fabric cushions when we first purchased Over Easy in October of 2020.
Given the now 20 years that they have been in existence we are pleasantly surprised at the good condition the covers and foam are in.

We guess that the original specs for the foam and fabric must have been pretty good to have lasted this long. :D :D That said though the look and feel of 20 year old polyester tweed along with the thin foam does leave something to be desired.

One of the aspects that we have come to notice on our 2021 Northern Journey is that while some cushioning is appreciated it would be a lot more comfortable with something a bit thicker, more resilient, smoother surfaced and something more contemporary looking.

Your upgrade has us inspired that maybe 🤔 we could consider doing something similar :) :)
Thank you for sharing your excellent project :) :)

Best Regards,
Over Easy 😎😎🐩🐈
Ryu Mikoshi

Post by Ryu Mikoshi »

Where can I find a mast step to fit this 25fter? It has an older wooden top for where the mast step is supposed to go...