Shower and Toilet, finally installed

A forum for discussing boat or trailer repairs or modifications that you have made or are considering.
OverEasy
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Shower and Toilet, finally installed

Post by OverEasy »

So open a meeting thread on that pedestal already!!!! :D :D

There is a lot going on there! :o
BOAT
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by BOAT »

Can't post that here but one part that IS shower related is the location of the sump for the shower- it's here in the dinette:

There is a false floor that covers it all up - if u look right above the flares you can see the new direction sensor flux gate compass I added to the backbone to help all the devices navigate even when GPS satellites are not available.

When the false floor is in you just store your shower pan in the same space:

The pan connects to the sump pump with a clear hose.

About that pedestal - I did add phone chargers and redid all the wiring so it's all clean and accessible from the side door:

Kurz idea of a sit down shower in the head is actually a very practical idea because taking a shower sitting is easier if the boat is underway or if your at anchor in the ocean where there are swells. We use the shower a lot at anchor along island coastlines so there is a lot of swell activity and sometimes you need to grab the top of the companionway to stabilize yourself if a big swell hits the boat. (We shower under the companionway hatch slider) so you can have the top of the shower open or closed for ventilation or privacy or warmth or whatever your need is at the time.
Russ
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by Russ »

BOAT, you do some of the most beautiful and professional mods. I'm always in awe.

And that cabin flooring.
--Russ
OverEasy
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Post by OverEasy »

:) :o Nice! :o :)