Where is everyone?

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats

Moderators: Catigale, Paul S, Heath_Mod, beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair

Ixneigh
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Where is everyone?

Post by Ixneigh » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:18 pm

That photo site that a user suggested in the repair forum works well. Like tinypic minus the BS. Also, A telegram chat group might also be an alternative. Pictures are easy in that. Ix

Jim B Mack
Just Enlisted

Post by Jim B Mack » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:53 pm

Well now that sailing season is over Im going to visit more. Between Youtube and this forum I'm hoping to learn how to fly the spinnaker or get some ideas anyway put in a second hound for the spin but never used it. Happy October everyone and thanks for the new image posting info above. Here is my last snapshot of the season missing my little boat already.

Wayne nicol
Captain
Location: Queen CHarlotte Islands,B.C.---------------- lightning white 2012 26M "Merrylegs"

Post by Wayne nicol » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:09 pm

i love this forum, and always felt that we could all be honest about our beloved boats attributes and their shortcomings, after all every single boat is a compromise to some degree or other.
i was on a Fb page and got banned cos i dared disagree with the admin about some point or other, that i cant even remember anymore- i was called a troll, and told that i didnt even own a mac 8) 8) :D :D
it was actually quite funny. it seems that some of those admins of some of the fb sites, seem to be really pumped up on their own self importance, mini- gods!
now i interact on other sites, and conversely have found some great admins and sites, i guess it all boils down to the individual!!
anyway so i stay off the fb sites for most part, with the exception of the odd 2 minute foray into the bowels of Fb mania :D
this site is awesome- and I, like everyone else, want to see it flourish, i tried the time machine thing for the mods, but its waaay to complicated for my techno- peasant brain!!!

ris
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Tarpon Springs

Post by ris » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:23 am

We are close to finishing our second great loop. We will be in Tarpon Springs Florida Tuesday and Wednesday. 5&6 Nov. Will complete our 2nd loop Sat. In Ruskin Fl. What a great boat trip.

tlgeddes
Chief Steward

Post by tlgeddes » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:37 am

It’s not you. It’s me. Ever since I started working weekends and with my kid in school I have not been able to get to the lake. My boat has not touched water for over a year. I’m just waiting for Ris To write a book about how to do a the great loop in a Mac so that I can read the book and have some sort of guide. :P