Dougies X

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats

Moderators: beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair, Catigale, Paul S, Heath_Mod

Dougiestyle
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Dougies X

Post by Dougiestyle » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:48 pm

My new to me 1998 :macx: I have had it about 6 months. This is the first time I have tried to post a photo on this site and want to see if the photo came through.
Thx Doug

2nd try for photo with imgbb https://www.macgregorsailors.com/forum/ ... =9&t=27433

Navajo lake NM
First time out: Overnight First time - Motor ran good, Prop cavitation was bad. Prop is 10 3/4" x ?. BWY said it needs 12x9 its on the way. Bottom of boat needs heavy scrape lots of calcium type build up.
Scraped bottom and sanded with 100 grit
second time out: Overnight - Admiral came, wind was calm to light, expecting 10 to 15mph. Admiral piloting boat most of day while I tweak stuff bobbing around. Wind picked up to 5 to 8mph moving smoothly along. I go below deck andwe must found some of those mountain turbulance winds. The boat turned hard port and heeled about 45 degrees or as the admiral said it dipped and rolled. I believe experienced our first round out. It quit just as quick. Could have been a dust devil, we get those here. We were not too far from shore. Good day on the lake.
Last edited by Dougiestyle on Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

dlandersson
Admiral

Re: Dougies X

Post by dlandersson » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:07 am

Uh...no? :?
Dougiestyle wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:48 pm
My new to me 1998 :macx: Image I have had it about 6 months. This is the first time I have tried to post a photo on this site and want to see if the photo came through.
Thx Doug

DownSouth
Chief Steward

Post by DownSouth » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:14 pm

Photo's are there - nice.

DownSouth
Last edited by DownSouth on Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jimmyt
Captain
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by Jimmyt » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:02 pm

Nice looking rig!

Dougiestyle

Post by Dougiestyle » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:49 pm

Thanks looking forward to many years of adventures.
Repairs: Sliding hatch leak due to mfgr drilled through with 3/4 drill (drilled too far when installing hatch rail). Will post photos
of repair when completed. I have found two of these drilled too far.

Replaced shifting cables working but corroded and stiff - 14feet teleflex - done.
Motor well drain runs uphill, will trap water and freeze. I think this was leaking from PO. No damage - mod finished.

Trailer - new drum assemblies, new master cylinder, Brace tongue with 3"x 3"x .188" square tubing. Will post later in
repairs and mods.