VHF FM Radio Antenna question

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats

Moderators: Catigale, Paul S, Heath_Mod, beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair

Scott
Admiral
Sailboat: Venture 25
Location: 1978 Catalina 22 with all the Racing Goodies!! 4 horse fire breathing monster on the transom

Re: VHF FM Radio Antenna question

Post by Scott » Tue May 12, 2009 4:03 pm

WW, before we got rid of the X, the Wiff and I were seriously contemplating putting a shower in the head.I was going to let the water drain in the hole I had already drilled in the aft corner and let the bilge pump lift the brown water out.

BTW arent you like-really tall? If so how are you gonna shower in there or is it for her? I spose you could shower sitting on the loo.

waternwaves
Admiral
Location: X less in North Puget Sound -have to sail other boats for a while

Post by waternwaves » Tue May 12, 2009 4:38 pm

being on the north side of 6'2" and 250, I don't really stand straight (pretty much just lie down straight only) anywhere in my mac...... but it does not seem to affect my enjoyment of working on it or sailing it.

she did want the inside shower capability and truthfully so do I. 25 years ago..... ( at 190 lbs I would have been and was proud to shower nekid on deck.......and smiled the whole time.......) but now..... i don't have that apple shape anymore..... more like an unteneded apple tree with the lower part of the tree hanging down.........and I dont really enjoy scaring people......

the other thing is we use the full enclosure a lot more now.....and it kind of is in the way of full standing shower in the cockpit anyway...and the soap film is hard to get off of polyester fabric.

and inside showers are definitely sitting...... not much to hold onto other than the sink edge..... :P 8)

I know having bigger kids is tough and we have smaller boats......... got a 6ft tall daughter.... but I wonder........ is another mac in your future when the kids leave home?

Scott
Admiral
Sailboat: Venture 25
Location: 1978 Catalina 22 with all the Racing Goodies!! 4 horse fire breathing monster on the transom

Post by Scott » Tue May 12, 2009 5:09 pm

Yeah, I thought you had mentioned years ago that you were tall but you never said you were ugly too. Haha
is another mac in your future when the kids leave home?
It wasn't in mine. Full Race equipped Catalina 22 was though! Then again Im 5'7" and my wife is like 5'4" in shoes. (youngest daughter 5'11", looks just like our old mailman.)

waternwaves
Admiral
Location: X less in North Puget Sound -have to sail other boats for a while

Post by waternwaves » Wed May 13, 2009 12:20 pm

Scott.
i am certifiably mugly......

and have the X wives who will testify to the same.

I believe my admiral Bettina may have a vision problem tho, since she is still seen with me. I may have to ask John.
He may understand why these pretty ladies stay with normal ugly poor men.

not that we dont resemble that most of the time.

sorry John....heheheheh

Its not fair Scott, all the young handsome guys like you dont hardly age. Remember...... ITs the truck. :wink: