Unable to load pictures to Mac Mods

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats

Moderators: Catigale, Paul S, Heath_Mod, beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair

u12fly
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Unable to load pictures to Mac Mods

Post by u12fly » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:31 pm

Not sure when this started, but the past couple posts to the Mac Mods have no pictures :x I was going to post a few mods tonight but after the first one - I was unable to attach any photographs :cry: I get these notices everytime I try to upload an image: "Upload unsuccessfull!" "There were some errors!" :|

Could it be that we are out of disk storage space?

BTW: I am no spelling expert but I think "unsuccessful" should only have one "l"...

Catigale
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Admiral .............Catigale 2002X.......Lots of Harpoon Hobie 16 Skiffs....Island 17

Re: Unable to load pictures to Mac Mods

Post by Catigale » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:26 am

Will check it out. We have had horrible spam problems in the mods area, so it's a brave new world of security

Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:59 am

Same for me, but another problem I had that I've never seen before is that once the photo uploads failed, the folders stopped showing up on my own computer, in the upload window of this web site. It's there on my own windows explorer, but the 'browse' button pops up the folder hierarchy but the 'my photos' folder is missing, along with every one under it that's on the path to the photos I'm trying to upload. Strange.

I changed the name of 'my pictures', and they all came back. Changed it back, and they're still back. Freaky. :|

Oh, and I've tried to upload several formats (jpg, png, and bmp), in case one format wasn't playing nice with the server, but still no luck. My first try was a pic that was too large, and it told me as much, but after resizing, same error code as the OP, no matter the format or computer.

And since it's important to Heath, I'm on Windows 7 x64 on this machine, and Windows XP on my old laptop. Same problem, at least with the inability to upload.

kmclemore
Site Admin
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Post by kmclemore » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:13 pm

I've pinged Heath.

mastreb
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by mastreb » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:18 pm

All of the problems I've seen mentioned so far are client-side caching issues. phpBB does some "stupid cache tricks" to keep HTTP cache hits maximized over multiple days, and changing just about anything about the delivered code will invalidate the cache hit and cause a re-load, which solves the problem. Or you can clear the cache of your browser manually and solve all problems.

Any time some people are having the issue and others aren't, it's either browser specific brokenness or caching (or rarely, DNS), so the answer is always to clear your cache or switch browsers.

Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:21 pm

mastreb wrote:Or you can clear the cache of your browser manually and solve all problems.
I'm embarrassed to have to ask this, but how does one go about doing that? :?

Heath
Site Admin

Post by Heath » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:37 pm

I think there was a permissions issue. Please try posting pictures again and let us know how it goes.

Heath

Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:15 pm

It works! Thanks so much. 8)