MacTrawler Avatar

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats

Moderators: Catigale, Paul S, Heath_Mod, beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair

Tomfoolery
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: MacTrawler Avatar

Post by Tomfoolery » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:02 pm

JohnCFI wrote:. . . resize so its 80 pixels wide . . .
I already did that for the big one, for just such an emergency. :wink:

Three Gypsies
First Officer

Post by Three Gypsies » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:23 pm

So how bout it kmclemore ?
When can we get it added to the list of avatars to the right of this page ?

fouz
First Officer

Post by fouz » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:51 pm

You don't need him to do it. You can make it your avatar now.

If your talking about these... :macx: :macm: :mac19: :tat: :tat22: :tat26: those are smilies.

kmclemore
Site Admin
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Post by kmclemore » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:37 am

fouz wrote:You don't need him to do it. You can make it your avatar now.

If your talking about these... :macx: :macm: :mac19: :tat: :tat22: :tat26: those are smilies.
 ! kmclemore:
Correct.

So... if you want it as an avatar, then just copy the ones here and use it. But keep in mind that an avatar is supposed to be unique to you, so that others can identify your postings and personality more easily. If everyone uses the same avatar that kind of screws that up.

As for making it a smiley, get me a file that looks and feels like the ones I already made (like fouz showed above) - i.e. they are the same size and have enough colour to be seen - then I'll approach Heath about adding it.

Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:46 am

! kmclemore:
As for making it a smiley, get me a file that looks and feels like the ones I already made (like fouz showed above) - i.e. they are the same size and have enough colour to be seen - then I'll approach Heath about adding it.
The problem with a trawler smiley is that it's as wide as the existing ones, but short. Needs something above it to fill in the space.

:macx: :macm: :mac19: :tat: :tat22: :tat26: ImageImage

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.

Three Gypsies
First Officer

Post by Three Gypsies » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:58 am

My mistake , didn't know the lingo , I thought a smiley was a smilie face . etc .

How about a cloud above it ? Or MT for MacTrawler ?

kmclemore
Site Admin
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Post by kmclemore » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:58 am

Tomfoolery wrote:The problem with a trawler smiley is that it's as wide as the existing ones, but short. Needs something above it to fill in the space.

How about adding some kind of identifying insignia like the others? The "X", "M", 22, 26, 19, etc.

Three Gypsies
First Officer

Post by Three Gypsies » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:22 am

kmclemore wrote:
Tomfoolery wrote:The problem with a trawler smiley is that it's as wide as the existing ones, but short. Needs something above it to fill in the space.

How about adding some kind of identifying insignia like the others? The "X", "M", 22, 26, 19, etc.

A M and T on either side of the mast / tower

Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:44 pm

Three Gypsies wrote:A M and T on either side of the mast / tower
Any closer?

kmclemore
Site Admin

Post by kmclemore » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:17 pm

Tomfoolery wrote:
Any closer?

Hmm. Possibly. Might folks think that's only for the MACM version of the trawler? Should there be an XMT? MMT? T22T? T26T? M19T?

Plus, not to criticize, but it's really hard for me to tell that's a boat at all under that.

Seapup
Captain

Re: MacTrawler Avatar Alternatives

Post by Seapup » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:11 pm

8) 8) 8)

capncarp
Engineer

Post by capncarp » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:25 pm

I have been running a tower for several years now. Mine is just like Duane's but with horizontal wings added. I have the VHF antenna attached at the top and chrome twin horns mounted inside the towers two vertical sides. I also have a full length, standup bimini. She turns a lot of heads. With a few inches of board down you can do anything. If you are trailering, just pull the forward attach bolt and fold the tower back down. I'm in for an avatar.

capncarp,
99 :macx:

DaveB
Admiral
Location: Cape Coral, Florida,1997 Mac. X, 2013 Merc.50hp Big Foot, sold 9/10/15

Post by DaveB » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:45 pm

There is no set up for a steady Sail that is much needed for a mast less Trawler. It's a must and all my previous post on this have been by passed to the wind.
Seems like no one whats to raise a simple 15 ft. mast with boom and sails attached for a steading sail.
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink!
Blind as a Bat.
Dave
capncarp wrote:I have been running a tower for several years now. Mine is just like Duane's but with horizontal wings added. I have the VHF antenna attached at the top and chrome twin horns mounted inside the towers two vertical sides. I also have a full length, standup bimini. She turns a lot of heads. With a few inches of board down you can do anything. If you are trailering, just pull the forward attach bolt and fold the tower back down. I'm in for an avatar.

capncarp,
99 :macx:

Three Gypsies
First Officer

Post by Three Gypsies » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:25 pm

kmclemore wrote:
Tomfoolery wrote:
Any closer?

Hmm. Possibly. Might folks think that's only for the MACM version of the trawler? Should there be an XMT? MMT? T22T? T26T? M19T?

Plus, not to criticize, but it's really hard for me to tell that's a boat at all under that.
Maybe the M & T should be smaller so as not to overwhelm the boat ? I think one smiley representing the MacTrawler would be enough , but maybe the Ms want their own ? Mines an X

mastreb
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by mastreb » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:30 pm

DaveB wrote: Seems like no one whats to raise a simple 15 ft. mast with boom and sails attached for a steadying sail.
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink!
Blind as a Bat.
Dave, I don't think anyone is dismissing your idea, I just think people want to go trawler to avoid the hassle of dealing with masts, sails, and rigging entirely. If you're dealing with a mast anyway, why not just hoist the stock mast and sail?

I've had my rig off the boat since my accident, and while I can't wait to get back to sailing, it sure is a hull of a lot easier to get the boat into and out of the water without the rig on. Also makes for a lot more useful deck space.

So I can see the attraction. Fortunately the "euro styling" of the Mac doesn't look bad at all with the rig off, unlike a traditional sailboat style which would just look silly.