A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats

Moderators: Catigale, Paul S, Heath_Mod, beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair

DrV
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

CE certificate

Post by DrV » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:42 am

Hi, Sailors! Sorry, one more question.

I am sailing in Turkey, and now it is a rare chance to take the boat to Turkish flag (possible only once in 10+ years)! But the agent is asking me whether I have any CE certificate for my :macm: (2011). Boat has been bought from Istanbul distributor and container-shipped from US. It is a LONG story, but I have been almost arrested by Turkish Police for fiddling with the custom rules done by :macm:'s official distributor (no wrong-doing on my side!!!) In other words, I don't want to talk to these "official distributor" people, EVER! (Should have bought from any of Macgregor resellers in US, not from that crooks.)

But now it is more complicated. There no more Macgregor, and I don't know whether SHARP MARINE as export agent is still existing. (Are they?)

The Turkish clerks wouldn't be checking any installed equipment, years, etc. They just need to put some paper in a file. Any chance to get some picture of CE-certification for any of :macm: ? Tried to google it, no chance...

kurz
Captain

Re: CE certificate

Post by kurz » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:30 am

I have also importet my :macm: in 2011 on my own.
but had ordered the extra CE package.
So I guess you dont have ordered it?

Acording of this I got a wonderful CE Paper of course.

If you want you could have a scan. But have to wait some weeks. I'm sailing on Lake constance...

DrV
Chief Steward

Post by DrV » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:36 am

kurz wrote:I have also importet my :macm: in 2011 on my own.
but had ordered the extra CE package.
So I guess you dont have ordered it?

Acording of this I got a wonderful CE Paper of course.

If you want you could have a scan. But have to wait some weeks. I'm sailing on Lake constance...
Thanks! No, the official dealer never offered me any "CE package". Besides you know that Turkey isn't part of EU, Turkey is (was?) trying to be compliant to EU norms to join EU some time later, but CE wasn't needed at that time at all. Besides, the official dealer told me that the only way is to put foreign flag on the boat, open Transit Log, etc...

So, enjoy your sailing!!! And if I don't find such paper within shorter time (of course, I hope to get it MUCH FASTER, I can't sail now, August is coming) - then I'll ask you to make a scan, please. (Actually, no need in scanning, smartphone quality photo will do!). Thanks again!

kurz
Captain

Post by kurz » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:34 am

send an email to me. With your email adress I can send you what you want
I have my CE document ready for you.