Managing Furler while raising Mast = Protecting the Windows

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats

Moderators: Catigale, Paul S, Heath_Mod, beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair

C Buchs
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Managing Furler while raising Mast = Protecting the Wind

Post by C Buchs » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:10 am

dive4it wrote:I have totally eliminated that problem with my Mac X using an M style pole. I simply use an oversized carabiner to clip the furler spool to the line running from my gin pole down to the front cleat. It automatically slides down the line as the mast is raised, keeps it totally off the deck/windows, and ends up exactly where you want it to pin when the mast is vertical. Easy Peasy.

JT
I think I understand what you're doing here, but I could really use a picture. You're only 2.5 hours south of me. Why don't you come up, we'll set it up on my boat and take a picture for everyone :)

Jeff

BOAT
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by BOAT » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:51 am

(I gotta find those old pictures) STUPID PHOTOBUCKET! I HOPE THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS!!! (SCUMBAGS!)

BrianW
Deckhand

Post by BrianW » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:19 pm

I just put a carabiner on the furler and hook it to the life line and it follows it up or down without any bind I scratched my new windows to before I decided something needs done.

GladesGuy

Post by GladesGuy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:24 pm

I am so glad I read this thread. Thank you all so much. I just bought a 96 X and have only had her out three times. I bought it in two months ago. I was wrestling with furler head. Now I will just clip it off and give it a go. Hopefully I can start doing it by myself at parking lot. As I usually have to have a friend help me. But times I want to take it out solo. Thanks again and I will let you know how it went.