Complete lines set for 26x?

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats
bobflshmn
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Complete lines set for 26x?

Post by bobflshmn »

DaveC426913 wrote: They do? You mean all in one kit? Or do you mean you can buy them all one at a time, but they are all cut to length?
You select the lines you want or sets you want. They are cut to length and ready to use.
C Buchs
Captain
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Post by C Buchs »

I ordered new lines from Blue Water Yachts. I'd ordered both red and green lines (port and starboard) for my jib. Cheryl called me to make sure of what I wanted and got me lines that were cut to the correct length for the size of jib on my :macx: . Their prices matched 50% off at West Marine and they're the experts on our boats. Great price, personal service, and a guarantee that I get what I need from the experts. I don't think you can go wrong with them. They are also a sponsor of this great site.

Jeff
bwygirl
Engineer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by bwygirl »

We have all the lines you would need! Sold separately, not as a package. Just order online or give us a call! Cheryl
vizwhiz
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26S

Post by vizwhiz »

When I got my S, it only had very old all white lines. They weren’t in terrible shape, but being new and wanting to have less trouble learning, i wanted to buy a set of colored lines, just as you are asking about.

I checked a number of places online, didn’t know about BWYachts yet, and bought a set from another (already named on here) supplier. The price was low, the rope brand was decent, and the service and construction quality (like loops and such) were very good.

What i didn’t know, and couldn’t have known, was that...well, i’d like that particular line to be a little longer than what came in the package. And i’d like that one to be one rope instead of two tied together that way. And this one is one size thicker than it needs to be, so it’s heavier and more cumbersome than i would like it to be if i had to buy it again. It all works...it just isn’t quite the way i would want it if i was going to do it now. I would suggest sailing on someone’s boat a few times if you can arrange it. See what the various size ropes feel like in your hands. Figure out which ones you have to pull on hard, and which ones are less stressed. See what it’s like to have twenty (or thirty or forty) feet of rope lying around your feet and whether the “extra” rope length is really beneficial. Then, you can buy from a place like BWY with a little more confidence.