Problem with Marine Part Depot

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats

Moderators: Catigale, Paul S, Heath_Mod, beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair

bwygirl
Engineer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Problem with Marine Part Depot

Post by bwygirl » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:25 pm

Hi everyone, I want to let you know of a concern I have with Marine Part Depot .com. We do buy from them from time to time, this time we purchased a big new anchor. But we need to return it. I cannot get them to return my emails, or phone calls, and now their mail box is full and i cannot leave a message. At this point a return anchor has been accepted by them, but no one has given us a credit or a call or email. This is not how we do business, and as such this is just a little thought to give you before you buy from them right now, give them a call first! I will let you know how this goes. Cheryl

Seapup
Captain

Re: Problem with Marine Part Depot

Post by Seapup » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:37 pm

Interesting. I got $10 off $50 email m101 coupon from them today. I have probably ordered from them at least 10 times over the past 5 years, all small bits and pieces. Their site is rough, but I have always gotten what I ordered. I hope it works out for you. I know you do honest business and would hope they do the same.

kmclemore
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Post by kmclemore » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:55 pm

Thanks for the report, Cheryl. Please do let us know the outcome.

bwygirl
Engineer

Post by bwygirl » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:30 pm

They have now fixed their phones and I can once again leave a message. I am also writing them a letter to send registered mail today. I know they have always been good to deal with, we have ordered a lot through them. I just do not understand not getting any reply, via phone or email. I need to return this big anchor as it was too big for our boat, and I want to get the next size smaller one but I don't want to order it till I know the other one is returned. We have confirmation that they have received it. Will let you know.

Jeff L
Engineer

Post by Jeff L » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:43 am

bwygirl wrote:They have now fixed their phones and I can once again leave a message. I am also writing them a letter to send registered mail today. I know they have always been good to deal with, we have ordered a lot through them. I just do not understand not getting any reply, via phone or email. I need to return this big anchor as it was too big for our boat, and I want to get the next size smaller one but I don't want to order it till I know the other one is returned. We have confirmation that they have received it. Will let you know.

Good to hear you are getting in contact with them. Hoping it is some kind of glitch with the IT system. A good anchor is a good thing. But if the anchor is capable of anchoring the USS Nevada battleship, it would be the size of a 26m, and much too big for a 26m... :D

bwygirl
Engineer

Post by bwygirl » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:33 pm

Well, still waiting for a phone call or an email back from Marine Part Depot. Yes, i can leave a message now but they still do not call me back. I have ordered a quite a few things from them and always been able to talk with them. They have signed for my return, at least i know they have it, but no call or contact from them. We are going to be knocking on their door in a few weeks as we have some business there. We will let you know what they say. All i want is contact, a yes or no will be fine. If they do not want to return my anchor ok fine i will sell it to someone. No it will not be appropriate for the Mac boats, its too big.

bwygirl
Engineer

Post by bwygirl » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:09 pm

Finally good news. The anchor we purchased from Marine Part Depot has been returned and money refunded. It took a long time, no contact ever other than an email to tell us the money is refunded. A call would have been nice, but at least it is refunded now. YEA!

sailboatmike
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Post by sailboatmike » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:56 pm

Poor communication is the downfall of many companies and causes people to lose confidence in them, its just a downward spiral.

As I have said many times before, its easy to provide good customer service when everything goes well, he difference is what happens when things go wrong.

BWY has proved themselves to me when by some accident the wrong mainsail got delivered to me (M instead of X) and it was the basic unit not the heavier double reefing point performance sail I ordered. A quick phone call to Ezra and we negotiated how best to get it back, The correct main was despatched next day and they crossed in the post, with the wrong one going back and he new one arriving. No hassle, no worries, just done.

Being in the Southern hemisphere the old order out of season doesn't work, because when its out of season here of course its peak season in the USA