Photobucket Fix

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats

Moderators: Catigale, Paul S, Heath_Mod, beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair

eodjedi
Engineer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Photobucket Fix

Post by eodjedi » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:14 pm

So in case it hasn't been mentioned before, if your using Chrome there is an extension call Photobucket Hotlink Fix. I'm using it right now and the Photobucket pic are now working on the site.

Tomfoolery
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Photobucket Fix

Post by Tomfoolery » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:41 pm

Too late for me. In a fit of annoyance at a web site that's been getting more and more bogged and irritating already, then locked out third-part links, I deleted all my photos from PB and got rid of the account.

So most of the photos I've posted here, other than tinypic and ctrlq, are DOA. And I can't recover them, though I still have all the originals. But it's impossible to know what photos go with what comment, for the most part. :x

Azzarac
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: "Chameleon" in the Middle of the Mid-West w/Honda BF50

Re: Photobucket Fix

Post by Azzarac » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:59 pm

I posted this back in September last year:
Azzarac wrote:I stumbled across an interesting extension for the Chrome browser that fixes the photobucket hotlink issue. Basically it re-directs the URL causing Photobucket to think it is being accessed directly. You can find it here at: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... apbifiaedg They also have a patch for Firefox users at Firefox/Android version: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... bucket-fix

Hopefully we can return to enjoying this fabulous website as it was before Photobucket got greedy.