Bill at BOATS 4 SAIL is going to swallow the anchor and sel his 26X, etc.

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats
Bill at BOATS 4 SAIL
Captain
Sailboat: MacGregor 26D

Bill at BOATS 4 SAIL is going to swallow the anchor and sel his 26X, etc.

Post by Bill at BOATS 4 SAIL »

Hi guys - Now that I'm over 75 (going on 16) I've decided to swallow the anchor. After more than 50 years of sailing, I'm putting my 26X up for sale, here on the Mac site first, at a very good price. I'll leave it here for awhile, if allowed, and if it doesn't sell I'll put it on Ebay.
BOATS 4 SAIL sold this 2002 26X new on 2002, and I bought it back when the owner wanted to sell it. It was one of over 100 MacGregor sailboats that BOATS 4 SAIL sold.
You can compare/contrast my 26X to the 1 or more currently on Ebay and/or the ones for sale here on the Mac site.
$10,000 for a 2002 MacGregor 26X
2002 Suzuki 50 HP 4-stroke OBM with a 6 gallon fuel tank with a new hose, service manual, 2 new batteries, etc. presently being tuned up. More info on this after tune-up is completed.
Newer aluminum double-axle triler with a spare tire -
Sails: Main (needs slight repair on aft end), Jib, Genoa, Spinnaker (new) -
Upgraded deck hardware (my EZ Cleats, rope clutches, etc.) with halyards aft to cockpit - New jusst installed, running rigging (halyards, headsail downhaul, topping lift) - Vinyl cockpit cushions - Radar arch ( I mainly used this to get the mainsheet out of the cockpit while sailing, and as a mast carrier when trailering) - Mast has been replaced with a modified C-Scow mast after I bent my 26X mast - 26M mast raiser with the winch on the pole - new centerboard line, monkey fist, mainsheet, dock lines, rudder lifting lines, clew outhaul line, shroud covers, spreader tubes - Mainsail cover - Headsail bag - Bimini top - older Uniden Oceanus DSC series VHF radio (with owner's manual) with antenna - Life Sling - Life jackets - throw cusshion - cockpit table - coaming boxes (2) - stern and bow ladders - anchor with line, chain and swivel - anchor light - stainless steel bow, stern, and mid-ship cleats - 1 opening screened port - -Longer one-piece track on starboard coaming top (New one-piece track for port side is not installed but will go with boat) - I also have a pair of used slotted aluminum toe-rails that I never got installed that will go with the boat.
Interior: Portside counter-top has been raised with a stainless steel sink, and a refrigerator and microwave underneath - Shore water hook-up - Shore power hook-up - Head compartment door has been removed and replaced with a shower curtain for easier access - 5 gallon port-a-potti - Teak and hilly floor - V-berth cushions (original) and a larger one that I made to make the V-berth more useable for a taller person - It has some bottom paint that will have tto be removed or redone - It is a 17 year old boat that will show normal signs of wear and tear.
There will probably be some additions, corrections, deletions. - Basic info on the 26X can be found here on the Mac site - Pictures to follow.
I'm located near Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, roughly mid-way between Madison and Milwaukee. $1,000 down payment. Balance upon picking up the boat. If you decide that the boat is not acceptable you wil get your $1,000 back.

I'm presently out of some of the parts for my EZ Cleats, but I'll order parts for one last batch. Also, I still have hundreds of dollars worth of MacGregor parts, so if there is something that you need, let me know.

For info on any of the above, send me an email [email protected]

Thanks ~ Bill at BOATS 4 SAIL
mallardjusted
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Puget Sound, 2001 Sold Oct2021 "Aqua Dawg", 70hp Yam

Re: Bill at BOATS 4 SAIL is going to swallow the anchor and sel his 26X, etc.

Post by mallardjusted »

That's an amazing price considering it has that trailer!!!