26M trailer specifications for licensing needed

For MacGregor/Venture owners in Australia and discussions about country-specific sailing-related topics.
timbont

Post by timbont »

Hi all, I am importing A 26M Macgregor and steel trailer with disc surge brakes to Australia and need some specifications for the trailer. These are as follows.

Aggregated trailer mass of trailer ?
Tare mass? (I think this is 575lbs or 260kg)
Gross trailer mass?
Length of trailer?
Width of trailer? (I think this is 8 foot or 2.438m)
Height of trailer?

Thanks in advance for any help

Tim
hoaglandr
Engineer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: 26M trailer specifications for licensing needed

Post by hoaglandr »

From macgregor26.com:

"If you are interested in a MacGregor 26, and live outside of the United States or Canada, please contact Paul or Laura MacGregor Sharp at the following location:

PMB 921, 177 Riverside Ave, Newport Beach, California, 92663 USA
Telephone: (949) 642-9491
Fax: (949) 642-5558
email address: [email protected]"

Might want to contact them! I would think they could help!

Russell
timbont

Post by timbont »

Hi, I sent E-Mail to Sharpmarine asking for help in obtaining the specifications 0f trailer and this is the reply that I received.

We cannot assist with the shipment of second hand or grey market boats overseas.
We have dealers in Australia who would be happy to provide you with a brochure and pricing information on a new MacGregor 26.

So I am still looking for any details that people may know.

Thanks Tim
Catigale
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Admiral .............Catigale 2002X.......Lots of Harpoon Hobie 16 Skiffs....Island 17

Post by Catigale »

THis is a reasonable position for them to take, given that they have a distributor in AUS, of course. You cant set up a distribution channel, and then compete with it.
igooba
Deckhand

Post by igooba »

I recently completed the "Application to import a small road trailer" and used the following for my 2005 26M's steel trailer.
I used the below information for my application and it passed. I am not 100% sure it was accurate because at the time I needed to use internet resources etc but I think all they are interested in is "does it fit within guidelines".

I needed to supply a copy of my passport signed by a JP as true and correct copy of the original.
I also included copies of the statement of origin, the MAC specs page and a picture of the trailer and the VIN/Chassis Number.

Aggregated trailer mass of trailer ? 1905kg
Tare mass? (I think this is 575lbs or 260kg) 322.05kg
Gross trailer mass? 1905kg
Length of trailer? 8.198m
Width of trailer? (I think this is 8 foot or 2.438m) 2.4892m
Height of trailer? 1.84m
jibsbuchanan

Post by jibsbuchanan »

Hi Tim,

Wondering how you are going with the importing of the Macgregor and trailer. I have often thought about do the same in the past, but now the dollar is near parity, the thought arises once again. I would have thought that the Australian dealers would have reduced thier prices accordingly, but that does not seem to be the case. Be interested to talk with you in the near future.
Cheers
Ian
Mistral
First Officer
Location: Patterson Lakes, Melbourne, VIC., Australia 2005 26M "Indigo Blue" 50HP E-Tec

Post by Mistral »

Ian,

Do a search under my name "Mistral" on this site or the AUS TSP site and you will find quite a lot of details on the importing of our "Indigo Blue" 26M some 3 years ago.
Otherwise I can assist you as well, but some others too, like Phillip.

Dirk
achitophel

Post by achitophel »

Hello!

I have read many posts on these forums, but this is my first.

Thanks for this post as it covers exactly what i have been looking for in terms of trailer spec for the Infrastructure website.

I am have been based in Europe, and I have a 26s (i think) and want to send it back to OZ. I have been looking in to taking my trusty 26s with me and i was wondering how you obtained the certificate of origin for your trailer (also any other helpful things like manufacturing certificate for the boat for reg in Aus).

It looks like i have the deluxe trailer.

I am in the process of slogging through the Infrastructure website and make a bit of progress before i hit a road block and have to wait to call Australia again. Annoying. I am slogging through Mistral's 261 posts to see if i can glean any information also but thought i would post here.

Thanks,

Jason
achitophel

Post by achitophel »

Me again!

I have the Mac Deluxe trailer, but all of the information has faded from it. I have tried to locate the VIN on the trailer with no luck. Can anyone take a pic of their plate and post it for me ? Trying to match the information up. I don't seem to have enough numbers for a VIN, which makes me a bit worried. My plate is below, even if you can fill in the blanks for me it would be a big help!

Thanks,

J