Ontario Sailors Rendezvous 2012

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.
Highlander
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Ontario Sailors Rendezvous 2012

Post by Highlander »

Hi All
Beene has just informed its happening Fri. Aug. 24/ 2012 - Sun. Aug . 26 / 2012
I have reserved Slip # 16 , Beene & Rocky "Dreamer" Slips #17/18 @ Port CredIt ON.
[email protected]

J 8)
Last edited by Highlander on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Divecoz
Admiral
Location: PORT CHARLOTTE FLORIDA 05 M Mercury 50 H.P. Big Foot Bill at Boats 4 Sail is my Hero

Re: Annual Mad Men of Ontario rendezous III

Post by Divecoz »

Now here is a group I really wish I could hook up with!!!!! Mad Men Of Ontario!! If it can be done on a 26' Mac These fellows can show you how to do it!
Kittiwake
First Officer

Post by Kittiwake »

Highlander wrote:Hi All
Beene has just informed its happening Fri. Aug. 24/ 2012 - Sun. Aug . 26 / 2012
I have reserved Slip # 16 , Beene & Rocky "Dreamer" Slips #17/18 @ Port CredIt ON.
[email protected]
J 8)
I'm sure all the Western members will be thinking of you and wishing you the best. Too bad one can't teleport a Mac
Kittiwake
Phil M
Captain
Sailboat: Other

Post by Phil M »

Is there a link to any of the previous rendezvous? Something that shows where you are?
Just curios. Who knows maybe some day ... :)
Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Re: Annual Mad Men of Ontario rendezvous III

Post by Highlander »

Well guy's theirs lots of time yet was hoping we could get a bunch more guy's & gals involved in this we moved it down from Meaford to Port Credit making it alot easier for u guy's down in the Fort Erie to Montreal stretch & New York is just accross the pond , Their will be an on the water boat show on the harbour side going on their that same wk-end so their may also be some deals to be had on marine equip.

Hope to see yer all their " Ya don't have to be bashfull "

J 8)
Last edited by Highlander on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Highlander
Admiral

Post by Highlander »

Divecoz wrote:Now here is a group I really wish I could hook up with!!!!! Mad Men Of Ontario!! If it can be done on a 26' Mac These fellows can show you how to do it!
Well whats stopping ya I'll let yer stay on my boat as long as u know how to pour a Scotch on the Rocks , I could Host up to two guy's in the aft bunk one on each side of coarse with all my extra boat gear in the middle :D :D :D :P
I only share the V-berth with Admiral's :wink: mutually agreed on of coarse :D :D :D :P
J 8)
Last edited by Highlander on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dreamer
First Officer

Post by dreamer »

I think Highlander might be looking for a cabin boy or two! :o

Phil, I'm not sure if anything was posted last year, I leave that to Beene or Highlander but I know there's a video of Beene flying the spinnaker with Highlander's bowsprit from a couple of years ago. (there may even be a mac having to be towed in one of the videos :| )
Highlander
Admiral

Post by Highlander »

dreamer wrote:I think Highlander might be looking for a cabin boy or two! :o

Phil, I'm not sure if anything was posted last year, I leave that to Beene or Highlander but I know there's a video of Beene flying the spinnaker with Highlander's bowsprit from a couple of years ago. (there may even be a mac having to be towed in one of the videos :| )
Don't gloat on that young smarty pants I did ask u to remember me I had to buy gas in the morning , lotta help u were , yer half my age & yer got old timer's already !! :o :D :D :D :D
I did get towed in & it didna cost me anything for gas so whats yer point , theirs a method to my maddness or forget fullness :) :P
besides I would have been fine if the wind had not dropped to zero ! :evil:

J 8)
Last edited by Highlander on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Highlander
Admiral

Post by Highlander »

dreamer wrote:I think Highlander might be looking for a cabin boy or two! :o

Well whats wrong with having a cabin boy or two u had one the last two outing I beleive his name was Ted or Ned or somthing like that , somebody has to cook , clean-up , buy the booze pour the drinks , tuck u into bed after yer pass out or something like that right rocky ! :D :D :D :D OK OK Only Kidding I think ! :P

Here's Rendezvous I Meaford ON.

http://s844.photobucket.com/albums/ab1/ ... 0_2525.mp4

http://s844.photobucket.com/albums/ab1/ ... 010128.mp4

http://s844.photobucket.com/albums/ab1/ ... 0_2495.mp4

http://s844.photobucket.com/albums/ab1/ ... 010074.mp4

http://s844.photobucket.com/albums/ab1/ ... 0_2494.mp4

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab1/ ... 0_2475.jpg

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab1/ ... 11-3-1.jpg

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab1/ ... 0_2286.jpg

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab1/ ... 0_2280.jpg

J 8)
Last edited by Highlander on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Highlander
Admiral

Post by Highlander »

I just got my slip confirmed :)
Maybe Beene can post some pic's of rendezous II as I only have them in my I-ph at the moment !
J 8)
Last edited by Highlander on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Highlander
Admiral

Post by Highlander »

beene
Site Admin

Post by beene »

Phil M
Captain
Sailboat: Other

Post by Phil M »

Some of those pics make me wish I was out sailing right now.
I think the best shot is the one with the tower in the background with the Mac in the foreground.
Also, some nice sunset shots.
Highlander
Admiral

Post by Highlander »

Hi Guy's
Remember this is an open event all are welcome , the more boats the the merrier , also I can most likely crew three people for those who would like to come on down but cannot bring their own boats due to distance or what ever , Myself I would prefer a more experienced crew as I might take advantage of their skills & weather permitting & attemp to fly either two Spins @ once or four head sails r u up to the Challenge ! :P
I might be able to host two guy's overnight in the boat but I will give that opertunity to Bertrand "Q1" first he's got first dib's to the aft berth , their is motels walking distance for those looking for more comfort or with their admirals .
Not sure if beene or Rocky can Crew Also ?
So let the Drums Roll
Three boats & counting !

J 8)
Tomfoolery
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Post by Tomfoolery »

Are there any issues trailering a boat into Canada via Niagara Falls area? Mapquest says it's only 160 miles. :)

Also, what are the issues with having a porta-potti in Canadian waters? I can leave it home, or in the vee-hick-el, but if the admiral comes with, that's not going to fly. No permanent connection, nor deck pumpout, I'm afraid. :?