MacTrawler Avatar

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats
Three Gypsies
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: MacTrawler Avatar

Post by Three Gypsies »

mastreb wrote:
DaveB wrote: Seems like no one whats to raise a simple 15 ft. mast with boom and sails attached for a steadying sail.
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink!
Blind as a Bat.
Dave, I don't think anyone is dismissing your idea, I just think people want to go trawler to avoid the hassle of dealing with masts, sails, and rigging entirely. If you're dealing with a mast anyway, why not just hoist the stock mast and sail?

I've had my rig off the boat since my accident, and while I can't wait to get back to sailing, it sure is a hull of a lot easier to get the boat into and out of the water without the rig on. Also makes for a lot more useful deck space.

So I can see the attraction. Fortunately the "euro styling" of the Mac doesn't look bad at all with the rig off, unlike a traditional sailboat style which would just look silly.
I agree . On our Key West 3,000 mile cruise , we just didn't use the sails that much . Not enough to justify all the problems they presented .

We have a friend who has sailed his :macx: from Bath Ill to Key West and I mean sailed . He did it on a very small budget . Of course to sail this far meant holding up in various places to wait on favorable winds. It also meant braving high winds and waves on the 'outside" in order to move . We prefer the ICW and its calmer water . This is our first sail boat . The reason we fell in love with a Mac was that it could be used as a trawler if we decided sailing wasn't for us . We discovered it wasn't , but we still love the boat , sans mast !

A MacTrawler is a good looking boat with nice lines . And as said , any other sailboat , just looks like a demasted sailboat .
capncarp
Engineer

Post by capncarp »

I'm for the the dodgerless, biminiless avatar like John CFI's. What do you say KM? How do I put it up?

capncarp
99MT
kmclemore
Site Admin
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Post by kmclemore »

capncarp wrote:http://www.macgregorsailors.com/forum/d ... 273717.png

I'm for the the dodgerless, biminiless avatar like John CFI's. What do you say KM? How do I put it up?

capncarp
99MT
You can't. I can't either, for that matter. I need to take it to Heath and get him to put it up (if he wants to). I was just trying to get you guys to agree on something to take to him. Personally, I'm not too chuffed on the idea, but I'll do your bidding once you all agree.
Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery »

Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery »

JohnCFI
First Officer

Post by JohnCFI »

capncarp wrote:Image

capncarp
99MT

All I did was save the pic to my desktop, resize so its 80 pixels wide, then upload image from desktop, in the control panel as an avatar..
Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery »

Topless. Letters need to be bigger.

DaveB
Admiral
Location: Cape Coral, Florida,1997 Mac. X, 2013 Merc.50hp Big Foot, sold 9/10/15

Post by DaveB »

Use the Watkins top.
http://www.watkinsowners.com/w27.htm
Dave

Tomfoolery wrote:Topless. Letters need to be bigger.

Three Gypsies
First Officer

Post by Three Gypsies »

JohnCFI wrote:

capncarp
99MT

All I did was save the pic to my desktop, resize so its 80 pixels wide, then upload image from desktop, in the control panel as an avatar..
I prefer the dodger , but the topless one looks good as well .
Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery »

Three Gypsies wrote:
JohnCFI wrote:

capncarp
99MT
I prefer the dodger , but the topless one looks good as well .
These are avatars, which anyone can use for themselves. I'd be happy to customize them for anyone who wants one.

Smilies are another story, as they have to be tiny (30x30 pixels) and should probably have something to fill the top half, as they're only about 15 pixels high with just white space above.
capncarp
Engineer

Post by capncarp »

Thx John and KM

capncarp,
99X
dlandersson
Admiral

Post by dlandersson »

Do you have one that shows the bottomless hole in the boat we pour our money into? :P
Tomfoolery wrote:These are avatars, which anyone can use for themselves. I'd be happy to customize them for anyone who wants one.

Smilies are another story, as they have to be tiny (30x30 pixels) and should probably have something to fill the top half, as they're only about 15 pixels high with just white space above.
Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery »

This one?

seahouse
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Niagara at Lake Erie, Ontario. 2011 MacM, 60 hp E-Tec

Post by seahouse »

:D :D :D
Good one, Tom. I can hear it!
:wink:

ps. maybe we can put our heads together and figure out a way to reverse the flow???
dlandersson
Admiral

Post by dlandersson »

Yeah, that looks about right. :D
Tomfoolery wrote:This one?