The Great Loop support Network Area Coverage (NO DISCUSSION)

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.
Chinook
Admiral

Re: The Great Loop support Network Area Coverage (NO DISCUSS

Post by Chinook »

I'd kind of forgotten about this thread, which got started a couple years ago when I first posted about planning to do the Great Loop. Well, we've found an active support network along our way, meeting up with several Mac owners already, and being given some extremely timely assistance by one such while in the Wilmington area. I'm aware of 3 MacGregors currently doing the Great Loop, and I'm pretty sure we're all within 350 miles of each other. We're the furthest north, in Beaufort NC. Richard and Jill, aka RIS, are down in the Cumberland Island area, and I'm pretty sure a Texan named Lee Morgan is on his M somewhere in between. I'm in touch with Richard and Jill but have only heard about the Texas boat second hand. If Lee notices this post, we'd love to hear from you, and find out where you're at.
Catigale
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Admiral .............Catigale 2002X.......Lots of Harpoon Hobie 16 Skiffs....Island 17

Post by Catigale »

Mike - please mention our forum to these folks if they are interested in adding to the coverage here. Of course, we respect their decision if they want to remain off-grid.
tp56ihs
Chief Steward

Post by tp56ihs »

Hi All,
Wind Wager (Tom) here. Can ususally help from Southport NC to Beaufort NC. Hope to join the loop within the next year.

Tom
Wind Wager :macx:
Chinook
Admiral

Post by Chinook »

Hi Steph,

Richard is registered here. His handle is RIS. I'm not sure about Lee, and I'm not currently in contact with him, but I'll surely mention it if we meet up.

Mike
mrron_tx
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by mrron_tx »

Chinook wrote:I'd kind of forgotten about this thread, which got started a couple years ago when I first posted about planning to do the Great Loop. Well, we've found an active support network along our way, meeting up with several Mac owners already, and being given some extremely timely assistance by one such while in the Wilmington area. I'm aware of 3 MacGregors currently doing the Great Loop, and I'm pretty sure we're all within 350 miles of each other. We're the furthest north, in Beaufort NC. Richard and Jill, aka RIS, are down in the Cumberland Island area, and I'm pretty sure a Texan named Lee Morgan is on his M somewhere in between. I'm in touch with Richard and Jill but have only heard about the Texas boat second hand. If Lee notices this post, we'd love to hear from you, and find out where you're at.
I sure wish it was My Texas boat looping right now :cry: :( But hey ..... Fair winds to all of those who are... Ron.
Catigale
Site Admin
Location: Admiral .............Catigale 2002X.......Lots of Harpoon Hobie 16 Skiffs....Island 17

Post by Catigale »

Chinook wrote:Hi Steph,

Richard is registered here. His handle is RIS. I'm not sure about Lee, and I'm not currently in contact with him, but I'll surely mention it if we meet up.

Mike
Thanks Mike

Also, all those helpful folks who are helping you out are welcome if they want to sign up, of course.
fishstalker7
Engineer

Post by fishstalker7 »

Hi all,

We'd be happy to help anyone in the area (heavy duty truck for trailer or supply support) in the Palm Beach to Vero Beach area (we are in the middle in Jensen Beach/Ft Pierce Inlet/St Lucie Inlet/Lake Worth Inlet). We missed Mike when he came through (out of state), but maybe can help some of the other "Loopers"! PM us as we are on the forum intermittently (email should alert)!

Fair Winds,

David
beene
Site Admin

Post by beene »

I can help anyone from Lake Ontario to Georgian Bay

http://www.trentsevern.com/

Cheers

G
miamistyle
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 19

Re: The Great Loop support Network Area Coverage (NO DISCUSSION)

Post by miamistyle »

With advance notice, I could help anyone near the Florida "armpit". St. George island to Cedar Key.