12 volt cooler or refrigerator

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats
Russ
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: 12 volt cooler or refrigerator

Post by Russ »

Neo wrote:
kurz wrote:And since I run it over a GSM switch... I switch the coller on at home with an SMS, and when I arrive 1 hour later... ... beer alreay is COLD :D :!: :idea: :macm:
VERY Smart Kurz 8) :D
This is an awesome idea. Hamin' X told me about these things. He uses one to turn on his plane's block heater.

https://www.amazon.com/KKmoon-Opener-Co ... 1516805794

I found a uber cheap GSM cell carrier pay as you go. Unfortunately, my marina is only served by Verizon towers.

--Russ
kurz
Admiral

Post by kurz »

wow Russ, this gaged ist very cheap! I payd 3 times price. But then the 220V connecters are allready included. And I also can use it for watching temperature with a heater. You can avoid freezing, give a temperature range (sonsor included), or start the heater bevore you arrive etc.
Tells me also when the ac-line is interrupted...
Mr Seas

Post by Mr Seas »

I am using a dometic portable refrigerator. It works great! I have a 200 watt portable solar panel that keeps things running in combination with my engine. I also us the fridge in my rv and run it off a 100 watt solar panel connected to a 70 amp hour battery. I have run it for two weeks straight with no loss of temperature.
Neo
Admiral

Post by Neo »

Mr Seas wrote:I am using a dometic portable refrigerator. It works great! I have a 200 watt portable solar panel that keeps things running in combination with my engine. I also us the fridge in my rv and run it off a 100 watt solar panel connected to a 70 amp hour battery. I have run it for two weeks straight with no loss of temperature.
Interesting Mr Seas .... What cubic capacity and what wattage is it? ... is it a cooler (5 degrees) or a freezer?.... Can provide a link or share your pic on http://www.imgur.com and link the pic to this thread?