Future Concerns.

For MacGregor/Venture owners in Australia and discussions about country-specific sailing-related topics.
NiceAft
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Future Concerns.

Post by NiceAft »

My wife and I have been traveling to Asia the last few years, with a desire to see Australia.

Australia would require at least a three week stay, and since she is still working as an educator (I’m retired), we are not able to have that much time. I am a planner by nature. Short term and long term, and Australia is one of my long time goals. My goal is in four years, to take advantage of her retirement by going to Australia. When this site went down, I thought a major part of my planing went down with it.

My goal is to meet up with as many Mac owners in Australia as we can during our trip. When this site went out of commission, I thought I had permanently lost all contact with the Australian Mac owners. What I am looking for is to get the names and e-mail’s now, so I don’t have to trust this site in order to make plans. Yes, I know I am addressing plans four years in the making, but, as I said, I am a long range planner.

I have done this before, and have met Mac owners in not just other states in the U.S., but also in the U.K.. I made contact in Singapore, but we went at Christmas, and all the Mac owners there were ex pats, and went home :D

So, if any of you are interested, and I hope some are, please send an e-mail. I have no fears that administrators Kevin, and Beene will vouch for me. Highlander and I have also exchanged e-mails.

As we travel, meeting up with Mac owners has added to the enjoyment. I look foreword to creating a list of friends to meet, without the fear of loosing the connection forever if this site goes down again.

Ray

P.S. When Chinook and his wife took their one year circumnavigation (Great Loop), Kevin and I, and our wives were able to meet up with Mike and Sandy for dinner in Philadelphia.
sunshinecoasting
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Sunshine Coast Queensland Australia - "Entropy" Nissan 50 CDI Furling Jib

Re: Future Concerns.

Post by sunshinecoasting »

Hi Ray,

Im always happy to catch up with fellow Mac sailers, Australia is a big place, about the same size as mainland USA but with only 25 million people so very spread out, three weeks wouldnt get you out of my area let alone around the country so plan and budget for three months minimum if you can. My email is [email protected] I dont care if anyone see's this email address it is kept just for such occasions and is not my main address. I live on the Sunshine coast in tropical QLD so have a look here for an idea of what it is like. https://www.visitsunshinecoast.com/

I caught up with Kevin here a couple of years ago and took he and his family out for a sail, it was a nice day.

Cheers, Dennis.
NiceAft
Admiral
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Post by NiceAft »

Thanks Dennis.

I made a mistake by not stating to send me either a PM, or an e-mail. Posting an e-mail online is not safe.

Dennis, please edit your post and erase your e-mail.

Thanks again.

Ray

P.S. If there are any other members in OZ who are willing, please let me know. Meeting Mac owners is something we enjoy. Meeting them in our world travels is even better.
Javboat
Just Enlisted

Post by Javboat »

Hi Ray,

Sounds like a great plan. There seems to be quite a few active Mac owner/members based in and around Brisbane, Queensland (Just down the road from the Sunshine Coast).

When the time gets closer it would be good if we could arrange a get together in a central spot (Scarborough or Wynnum?) for who ever is available. Might make the planning a bit easier for you?
cestlavie
Deckhand

Post by cestlavie »

i like the qld Mac 'roundup idea' - maybe an overnighter at Peel Island ?