I hate to say it...

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats
Russ
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

I hate to say it...

Post by Russ »

Heath...are you listening?

This forum is dying. Attrition is killing posts. Without a working CAPTCHA we can't get new members and this will eventually disappear.

PLEASE PLEASE. pretty PLEASE fix the CAPTCHA on new members. It's an easy fix. Not nearly as hard as rebuilding dozens of files. A simple download.

I'm unable to lead new members here who would greatly increase traffic and participation.

FIX THE CAPTCHA.

/Rant

Sorry to other members

--Russ
Hamin' X
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Hermiston, OR-----------2001 26X DF-50 Suz---------------(Now Sold)

Re: I hate to say it...

Post by Hamin' X »

The moderators agree, Russ. I have passed this along to Heath.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
SENCMac26x
First Officer

Post by SENCMac26x »

I have the exact same problem, a buddy of mine who bought a :macx: has tried to join but is unable.
Spector
First Officer

Post by Spector »

Not to pile on but I couldn't agree more. The site should be turned over to someone who has an interest in keeping it an active and vibrant community
Heath
Site Admin

Post by Heath »

Guys, you are right - work and family demands have kept me from being able to do everything that I should to manage this board. The vast amount of knowledge here should be preserved, and I think it should definitely be turned over to somebody with enough time to keep it thriving. Anybody interested should contact me via PM.

Heath
NiceAft
Admiral
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Post by NiceAft »

Heath,

Thank you for stepping out of the mist. You have created a site that has grown into a world wide network, and I hope that somehow it survives. In the mean time, might you make the needed repairs so that new members can join. They are our lifeblood.

Happy New Year Heath.

Thank you for all that you have done.

Ray
Last edited by NiceAft on Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
SENCMac26x
First Officer

Post by SENCMac26x »

Heath,

Perhaps instead of just replacing you, a few people could volunteer to assist. That way with multiple people, the site will always have coverage?
Signaleer
First Officer
Location: Foley, Alabama...2002 26x & 2002 90 HP Mercury Salt Water 2-stroke

Post by Signaleer »

I am a software professional and would be willing to be a part of a team to assist.

Ed.
NiceAft
Admiral
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Post by NiceAft »

Signaleer wrote:I am a software professional and would be willing to be a part of a team to assist.

Ed.
As per his request, send Heath a Private Message.

Ray
Hamin' X
Site Admin
Location: Hermiston, OR-----------2001 26X DF-50 Suz---------------(Now Sold)

Post by Hamin' X »

Heath wrote:Guys, you are right - work and family demands have kept me from being able to do everything that I should to manage this board. The vast amount of knowledge here should be preserved, and I think it should definitely be turned over to somebody with enough time to keep it thriving. Anybody interested should contact me via PM.

Heath
Thanks, Heath. I know that it is hard to give up on something that was a love of your life for so long. Here's hoping that the board lives on and you are not forgotten.

~Rich

PS: I don't know about the other Moderators, but I am willing to stay on through, and depending upon what the final results are, after the transition.

Happy New Year everyone!!

~Rich
Dreamcatcher
Deckhand

Post by Dreamcatcher »

Please please please!!! Keep this list going and easy to access. After you get tired of just looking ast the cutesy Facebook posts, this is where the INFORMATION is. Very few other boats have anything like this and it makes being a Mac sailor a much bett5er experience.
dlandersson
Admiral

Post by dlandersson »

Similar. I don't want to be in charge, but I'm willing to help if I can. XMas break right now,

Signaleer wrote:I am a software professional and would be willing to be a part of a team to assist.

Ed.
DownSouth
Chief Steward

Post by DownSouth »

Thanks for the efforts in keeping the forum going - I also found it very hard to join and have had to assist at least two other prospective members here in Australia who could not join up easily,

regards

DownSouth
Divecoz
Admiral
Location: PORT CHARLOTTE FLORIDA 05 M Mercury 50 H.P. Big Foot Bill at Boats 4 Sail is my Hero

Post by Divecoz »

It will be sad to see it go , but I guess it was inevitable....Face Book was the demise of many a Chat Board..Many of those dedicated boards didn't last as long as this Macgregor Board did .. I Thank Heath for ALL His Hard Work.. :macm:
NiceAft
Admiral

Post by NiceAft »

Divecoz wrote:It will be sad to see it go , but I guess it was inevitable....Face Book was the demise of many a Chat Board..Many of those dedicated boards didn't last as long as this Macgregor Board did .. I Thank Heath for ALL His Hard Work.. :macm:
Dive,

Keep it positive. There apparently is a germinating interest in this sites continuity. An obituary while the patient is alive is premature.

I am in awe of the knowledge people like Heath, Kevin, & Rich have in correcting the problems that happen from time to time.

Keep it positive. This site has an extensive membership, with a wealth of knowledge and talents.

Ray