Victorian Mac Get Together

For MacGregor/Venture owners in Australia and discussions about country-specific sailing-related topics.
sailboatmike
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Victorian Mac Get Together

Post by sailboatmike »

I have been asked to see if we can put together a Mac get together next sailing season.

We have 2 M's and 1 X at Hastings Yacht Club, so we may look to base the get together there.

If anyone is interested let me know, we are a growing group here in Australia and getting acceptance as REAL sail boats too, much to the disgust of some :D

There may even be an Victorian Mac championship in the offering after discussions with the sailing captain seemed to be well accepted
marcopolo173
Deckhand

Re: Victorian Mac Get Together

Post by marcopolo173 »

Nice work Mike.

Are we allowed to use the OB in the sailing race?
sailboatmike
Admiral

Post by sailboatmike »

Maybe sail downhill and motor uphill in the traditional Macgregor way :D
Sea Shadow
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by Sea Shadow »

I would be interested in becoming involved in a get together. I am in Boronia so not really that far to come down to Hastings. Have only been on Westernport once (and found out about booms and gybing) but would be keen to come down there again.
sailboatmike
Admiral

Post by sailboatmike »

Sea Shadow wrote:I would be interested in becoming involved in a get together. I am in Boronia so not really that far to come down to Hastings. Have only been on Westernport once (and found out about booms and gybing) but would be keen to come down there again.
Great I will let you know when I get some details together, since y first post we have another X join up down at Hastings
Arbee
Sailboat: Other

Post by Arbee »

I just stumbled across this thread and very interested in your experiences with the Macs at Hastings (including the channel and cross winds etc etc). We're about to sell our Bonito 22 at Yaringa and seriously thinking about a Mac (maybe a later model X) and applying for storage at Hastings. Any pros/cons or other experiences and tips would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Robert
sailboatmike
Admiral

Post by sailboatmike »

I might move this discussion to the general section of forum as posts dont show here