New Owner / Member With Questions

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats

Moderators: kmclemore, NiceAft, Hamin' X, Catigale, beene

Salty Dog II
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Currently Denver Colorado soon Punta Gorta FL. 2009 Virgin White Hull,60HP BF, Blk canvas

Re: New Owner / Member With Questions

Post by Salty Dog II » Sun May 17, 2020 5:21 pm

Hey Starscream,

Point well taken, can't miss your vessels " BEAR HUNT " especially as you say going thru locks and such. I happen to notice you don't have to display any type of registration number or province location? Is that the way they do things in Canada? Are you going to be able to make our celebration of superstition? Only kidding! But your always welcome!

Salty Dog II

Cabo a few years back

Tomfoolery
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Post by Tomfoolery » Mon May 18, 2020 4:40 am

Salty Dog II wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:21 pm
I happen to notice you don't have to display any type of registration number or province location? Is that the way they do things in Canada?
Lots of Canadian boats with names near the bow. Can't do that here, though. I have mine on the stern, but it's too small to be of much value.

Shoulda put it on the sides. Like on its predecessor.

Tom
Be seeing you . . .

Starscream
Captain

Post by Starscream » Mon May 18, 2020 5:01 am

Salty Dog II wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:21 pm
Hey Starscream,

Point well taken, can't miss your vessels " BEAR HUNT " especially as you say going thru locks and such. I happen to notice you don't have to display any type of registration number or province location? Is that the way they do things in Canada? Are you going to be able to make our celebration of superstition? Only kidding! But your always welcome!

Salty Dog II

Cabo a few years back
At the time of the photo, our boat licence number is posted up on the bow in small outline font, you can just make it out if you zoom in. Its a different topic, but we have since registered the boat federally and that comes with the requirement of posting more visible registration numbers on the sides and the interior of the boat, and displaying its home port on the stern.

I won't make the celebration this year, in fact I probably l won't get into the US at all.

Bobglas
Engineer

Post by Bobglas » Mon May 18, 2020 5:18 am

Put our name on the sides of the cockpit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Salty Dog II
Location: Currently Denver Colorado soon Punta Gorta FL. 2009 Virgin White Hull,60HP BF, Blk canvas

Post by Salty Dog II » Mon May 18, 2020 5:24 am

Starscream,

Thanks for the explanation of Canadian registration, I saw what you talking about from your photo of your bow. Sorry your not going south of your boarder next year, keep in mind the invitation is always open. Fair winds to you & yours

Salty Dog II

Salty Dog II

Post by Salty Dog II » Mon May 18, 2020 5:28 am

Bobglas,

Nice placement above the rub rail near cockpit! Have not seen any with that position, great font...

Salty DogII

WinSome
Deckhand
Sailboat: MacGregor 26S

Post by WinSome » Mon May 18, 2020 6:01 am

Here’s a pic of boat name and registration. Ontario
Canada. Also have small block letters on transom.

Agreed about the rubrail location. Hmmm!

Russ
Admiral

Post by Russ » Mon May 18, 2020 6:24 am

I did the boat lettering myself. Super easy and the online designer lets you choose all kinds of fonts, colors, shadows, etc. Got them from
https://www.boatus.com/products-and-ser ... -lettering

After years of owning the boat, I just added the "home port" lettering.

--Russ

Todd
Engineer

Post by Todd » Sat May 23, 2020 7:49 pm

Congratulations on the boat. I think at that price you got a great deal especially if it came with a trailer. My 2007 came with a dual axle trailer and I paid just over 18. I often think that I could probably get that for it today 4 years later because these boats hold their value so well. Congrats on the planned to move to Florida that is something I daydream about quite often.
Todd
'07 26M

:macm:

ris
First Officer

Post by ris » Sun May 24, 2020 4:24 pm

We usually travel as a motor boat so we usually have our enclosure on so my wife made a name banner that hangs on the stern wall of the enclosure. She used the same sunbrella as the enclosure and she has sewn it to the top of the enclosure. If you look close you can see it in this photo. This way boats see it for a long way off and can call us on the radio. I think this pic is from our 2019 great loop trip. We were on Lake Erie at Middle Bass Island at the state park marina.