Does anyone have an idea of the average price for a good condition MacGregor 19? I'm looking for one in/near Vancouver.

An area for discussion of sailing-related topics of particular interest to Canadians
Nicole01

Does anyone have an idea of the average price for a good condition MacGregor 19? I'm looking for one in/near Vancouver.

Post by Nicole01 »

Does anyone have an idea of a reasonable price for a McGregor 19 that is in good condition? I am considering this model and am looking for one for sale in the Vancouver, British Columbia area (or within a trailerable distance).

Also, any comments one can share about the McGregor 19 would be much appreciated. I would potentially like to be able to take it out for short weekend trips with maybe several people aboard and wonder if anyone has any tips for creating any usable outdoor space/storage solutions (other than an African queen or Bimini scenario) as the cabin space is understandably tight in a 19'. I am trying to keep my length to under 20' as I hope to be able to man it alone in good weather, etc.. Thanks! Nicole
Spector
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Does anyone have an idea of the average price for a good condition MacGregor 19? I'm looking for one in/near Vancouv

Post by Spector »

There's a couple :mac19: in the MYCBC.ca club. You might send your question to the club Commodore or post it there. Great resource to join
Cenoté 1998 :macx:
Calgary AB
MYCBC member
Highlander
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Re: Does anyone have an idea of the average price for a good condition MacGregor 19? I'm looking for one in/near Vancouv

Post by Highlander »

:mac19: r very hard to find their were only about 1000 made then they dropped production because their was so much demand for the :macx: .
great little boat for day sailing or for a couple wk-ending , I had one for 4 yrs before moving up to the :macm:

Cheers J 8)