Stoked New 26x trailer

A forum for discussing issues relating to trailers and towing MacGregor sailboats.
Gotro
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Stoked New 26x trailer

Post by Gotro »

Super fired up here in Houston Texas . Just received my new Super Sport Marine / Float on trailer. It’s been 15 months sense I stopped sailing my Mac x last summer due to my old steel trailer axel that was cracked 3/4 of the way thru behind the brake drum, I was lucky to make it back home that last trip.lucky had my Hobie 16 to get in some water time while I saved up for this new trailer. My son and I did the transfer over from the old trailer to this new one in the driveway. Not difficult at all. I built a wooden support cradle under the transom , jack it up using two car jacks high enough then solid supported the cradle with wood 4x4 then jacked up the bow under the center line with the same two jacks. By moving the jacks in front and behind the cross beams of the trailer the old trailer was free from under the boat in just under an hour , we were in no rush. Repeated the process to get new trailer under the boat . This trailer makes and old boat look néw. Will post again later to report how the boat performs loading and unloading at the various docks I use mainly central coast. Madagorda and Rockport area is where we sail. Trailer is single axel 6000 lb load with 6 lug wheels. It does sit about 2 inches higher than the original trailer.
Gotro
Chief Steward

Re: Stoked New 26x trailer

Post by Gotro »

Here are some photos from the transfer
Gotro
Chief Steward

Post by Gotro »

Jimmyt
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by Jimmyt »

Nice looking trailer! The whole rig looks great! Congratulations on doing the transfer without difficulty. Looks like you got every last drop out of the old trailer.
Jimmyt
P-Cub-Boo
2013 26M, Etec 60, roller Genoa, roller main
Cruising Waters: Mobile Bay, Western Shore, Fowl River
Russ
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by Russ »

Jimmyt wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:51 pm Nice looking trailer! The whole rig looks great! Congratulations on doing the transfer without difficulty. Looks like you got every last drop out of the old trailer.
+1

Looks like a nice upgrade
--Russ