Load Rite Trailer for 26x

A forum for discussing issues relating to trailers and towing MacGregor sailboats.
SailingDan_47
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Load Rite Trailer for 26x

Post by SailingDan_47 »

I heard from a Load Rite trailer dealer they make a custom build aluminum trailer for the Macgregor 26x. It's a single axle like original with disk brakes. Modifications are made to model LR-AS233100102TSVB to accomodate the 26x. Has anybody purchased this trailer and found it to be suitable? I must replace my trailer this year as it's a 1996 that's rusting away.
Gotro
Chief Steward

Re: Load Rite Trailer for 26x

Post by Gotro »

Don’t forget Supersport Marine trailers . My 26x rusted out as well. Purchase single axle trailer from these guys and I have towed and launched a halve a dozen times . What I like about this trailer is retrieving the boat at the ramp, it sets down perfect every time and no need for the Mac bump . Launching is a breeze.
JaxMacX
Chief Steward

Post by JaxMacX »

I purchased the super sport marine two axel. It pulls amazing. Backs up easily. Launch and load are great. And it sits the boat a bit higher when on land which makes the boat appear more impressive.
Be Free
Admiral

Post by Be Free »

I have an aluminum 2 axle Magic Tilt under mine. I love knowing that I'm not even close to overloading the trailer and that it is still able to carry the boat safely if I lose a tire. Go for a dual axle aluminum if you can!
Bill
2001 26X Simple Interest
Honda BF40D
"If I were in a hurry I would not have bought a sailboat." Me
opie
Captain

Post by opie »

I felt the need to contribute my satisfaction of my Roadking trailer dual axle. I love it as much as the boat. I agree with the sentiment that a dual axle is the best insurance and good vibes when towing. I bought it in 2018 for under $3k. Roadking said I needed a bigger trailer, but I finally said "give me that one" that was on the lot, because I measured it and knew it would work for me. I do not have to raise the engine to launch at my ramp,, ..but I do anyway. The boat sits way up. The overhang in the rear is just fine, even though the lights are a bit back from the stern. Launching is done by putting rear tow vehicle wheels near the water then floating off. Retrieving is by just barely submerging the fender tops and winching on. The "before" note on one pic was before I put rear spring lifters on my Explorer to even out the truck as it was sagging a bit. One note, the four wheels "float" the trailer just off the bottom when empty. My ramp is protected from current, but in a river, that could prove to be troublesome.
Opie
'
Image Image Image Image Image

https://www.roadkingtrailers.com/RKAL.html